Friday, September 24, 2010

Ok, let's never do that again.

Leg 3 included the climb of a mountain over 2 miles. It was one of the most difficult runs I have ever had to complete. It was such a spirit breaker for me and the other runners I was hanging with. Every time you thought you got to the top of the hill, another incline was hiding around the corner. Turn after turn, climb after climb it seemed to go on forever. Going down the mountain didn't help either since my legs were on fire from the climb.
It was so hot that gnats were sticking to my face as I ran. Randy snapped a photo of it because it was just so disgusting. I'm leaving it up to Kendra and Stacey to make up the time I lost on that mountain.

7.8 miles in the books though. I have 2 more runs of 3 miles each to go.
We stopped at Subway, and I got to buy my chocolate milk for later.

-Paul

3 comments:

  1. I"m picturing Jim Carrey on the motorcycle in "Me, Myself and Irene".
    Funny how the hills just keep sneaking up on Paul's legs year after year...

    Good going guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me ache! Of course I'm sitting on my couch in an air conditioned house sipping some wine so I'll be ok. Don't worry bout me.

    Seriously though, knowing you, you're being modest and you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget to put a pinch of salt in the chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete