Friday, September 24, 2010

Mmmm. The sweet smell of BioFreeze.

Hello Friends!

My name is Kendra. Also known as "Monica's Friend." I'm one of two people on the Carfax team that does not work for Carfax. I'm lucky enough to be friends with Monica and to be invited to join their Ragnar team.

I'm runner 5 in Van 1. My first run was 3.9 miles. Do you know what the letter "V" looks like? Yeah. Imagine that upside down...and stretched out over 3.9 miles. That's what I'm dealing with, people. The description of my run was "Very Hard-non supported." "Very Hard"? Whatever. You don't intimidate me. "Non-supported"? Does that mean I'll be running alone in the woods so no one will hear my cries of pain? Oh well. Bring it on. Turns out, my run was on a gravel road, up the side of a mountain. Don't worry-plenty of vans drove past me and were very supportive. However, they kicked up a lot of dust. When I was done running, I sneezed about 50 times in a row and I'm still coughing up dusty phlegm. Too much info, I know, but this is my life.

Once Van 2 took over, we got some Subway and COLDSTONE! The ice cream will probably be the highlight of my Ragnar experience. Stay tuned, friends.

1 comment: