Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm afraid of the dark!

I was really dreading this leg because I started it at 10pm in the country in the middle of nowhere... and I don't like the dark!  I've watched too many crime shows to assume everything will be fine when a small young woman runs through the countryside in the middle of the night alone.  Right when I started my leg I ran up to the girl directly in front of me and yelled "please run with me I'm afraid of the daaaark!" 
The girl and I became friends and ran together the whole way, luckily keeping the same pace without any extra effort.  Thank you Amanda for running with me!  I really enjoyed this leg of the race and my buddy made it go by in no time.  Two legs down with one more to go and my energy level is high! 
Keep it up runners! woot woot!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment