Friday, September 24, 2010

The Dead Zone *deep voice*

Hello all,
I am the other Ragnar runner who does not actually work at Carfax although you may know me as Randy's better half.  My name is Lindsey and I'm in the first van.  I ran leg 2 and MAN that was difficult!  It was a total of 5.1 miles.  The first half mile was cake, just crossing over some roads, passing the local cops who were marking the trail, and then BAM came the hills.  It was 600 feet of straight upward vertical during which I think I entered the death zone.  Over the next mile and a half and I debated whether I would move any slower if I decided to walk.  It was doubtful, but I kept up the jogging pace just for the pride of passing the guys in front of me.  The last 3 miles were amazing downhills and the only problem was keeping my feet from flying out from under me too fast!  Great run overall and I'm so glad to be part of the Carfax Ragnar team!!! 

I heart downhills!

Lindsey

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kendra and Lindsey -- you are Carfax girls at heart and we are cheering you on!!! Anyone who can hang with the rest of that group must be golden!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You both are definitely honorary members of team Carfax! Welcome! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Carfax Ragnar team!! I am Sunhee Rinker's mother-in-law and so proud of her for joining the team. She said the uphill was really hard and she also entered the death zone. Keep up the good work! We here in NM are pulling for you.
    Good luck!
    Darlene and Eddy Rinker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you all for the warm welcome! I love team carfax and look forward to more races!

    ReplyDelete