Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Day After

Despite the great amount of pain and stiffness I'm feeling, I'm really sad the the Ragnar is over. (See video below)

I finished running yesterday around 12:30pm. My last leg was 6.6 miles and it was really difficult. It's hard to say if it was my most difficult leg because the mountain I had to run up during my first leg still haunts me. However, it was REALLY hot yesterday. Thankfully, some happy citizens of Shady Grove, MD were kind enough to spray me with the hose as I ran by. Running though the town was really awful. I'd find myself cruising along, in perfect stride, and then I'd come to a red light!! This happened multiple times! I think I could have cut 7 minutes off my time if I didn't spend so much time waiting for lights to change.

After Van 1 finished our run, we went back to Randy and Lindsey's house for some showers and PANCAKES! All the calories we burned? Yeah, we probably ate twice as many a brunch. We had a few hours of downtime in which we tried to nap. Then we went to the National Harbor to meet the rest of the team and cross the finish line!

This weekend was really awesome and I'm so thankful I could be a part of Team Carfax! I made some good friends this weekend and I look forward to running with you all again!

-Kendra

5 comments:

  1. Why isn't there any news yet of the guy who died in the relay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen or heard any reports of any thing as horrible as that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overheard other teams talking about that yesterday (@ our last Van 2 exchange point)but I wasn't sure if they were referring to this relay or the ones in NV & AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mean yesterday.. I meant I heard that on Saturday. This weekend was such a blur...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using carfax alternative reports for only $4.99 instead of carfax. You can also get a free VIN checkup

    ReplyDelete